Terms of Service
Effective Date: July 11, 2017
Hello and welcome to Physics Den!
These Terms constitutes a binding agreement made between you and Physics Den. BY USING OR ACCESSING ANY PART OF THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE PROVISIONS IN THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THIS SITE. YOU FURTHER AGREE TO RECEIVE NOTICES RELATED TO THESE TERMS ELECTRONICALLY.
To access some of the features of this Site, you must register for an account. When registering, you will be required to provide some basic contact information, such as an email address, username and desired password. Your username cannot be an impersonation of another person, a term that is the same or confusingly similar to a famous trademark, or a term that is offensive in any way. You may, but are not obligated to, use your own name. Your username will be how you are identified to others on this Site.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the integrity of your account, and the confidentiality of your username and password. You may not transfer, share, or authorize others to use your account without prior approval from Physics Den.
Age of Users
- Children under the age of 13 may not use this Site, and parents or legal guardians may not agree to the Terms on their behalf. By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided or attempted to provide us with personal information, we will use our best efforts to remove the information permanently from our files.
- If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may use this Site only under the supervision of a parent of legal guardian who agrees to be bound by the Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to the Terms for the benefit of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, be advised that you are fully responsible for the child’s use of this Site, including all liability that the child may incur.
Your Use of the Site
Whether or not you register for an account with Physics Den, your use of this Site is subject to your compliance with the Terms. Your use of this Site is further subject to the following restrictions and obligations:
- You may only use this Site for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not transfer your right to use this Site to others.
- You may access this Site for lawful purposes only. You may not use this Site to transmit, route, provide connections to, or store content that in any way infringes or violates the rights of any party.
- If you are accessing this Site from a country other than the United States, you may only use this Site if your access and use of this Site is lawful in your country.
- You may not copy, rip, scrape, crawl, or capture the content of this Site except for non-commercial academic or research purposes, or as expressly allowed by Physics Den in writing.
- You may not supply or post any content or message that is abusive, belligerent, slanderous, racist, vulgar or sexually explicit, or otherwise offensive.
- You may not use this Site or its resources to insult or attack other persons or users.
- You may not use this Site to promote or encourage illegal conduct.
- You may not disclose, or encourage or request others to disclose, the name, address or other personal information about third parties or users without their express permission.
- You may not circumvent any of this Site’s protections and safeguards, and redirect messages and communication to other sites.
- You may not use this Site’s functionality for unauthorized mail or messages or any form of "spamming."
Problems and Other Content That You Submit to Us
As part of the features of this Site, users are allowed to submit their own original question or problem ("Problem(s)") for other users on this Site to try and complete. While Physics Den greatly appreciates users submitting Problems, the Terms do not impose a duty on Physics Den to publish or use your Problem on this Site. Prior to posting a Problem on this Site, or as part of the process of deciding whether to post a Problem to the Site, Physics Den may share your Problem and its solution with other parties and request such parties to review the Problem and the solution for accuracy.
Physics Den expressly reserves the right to modify, delete, or otherwise alter your Problem for formatting, navigational, integration or other purposes.
Whenever you submit a Problem or any other content to this Site (collectively, "User Content"), you grant Physics Den a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable right and license to reproduce, distribute, display, host, store, promote, exploit, create a derivative work from, adapt, edit, sublicense, and otherwise use the User Content in any way and in any commercial or non-commercial medium or form now known or hereafter developed, without royalty or charge.
You further represent and warrant that:
- You own or control the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to grant the license for the User Content.
- Your User Content does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or any applicable laws, rules or regulations, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or rights in confidential information.
- Your User Content does not and will not create any liability on the part of Physics Den.
- Your User Content does not contain any worms, viruses or other harmful code.
- You agree to execute and deliver any documents and provide all assistance reasonably required by Physics Den to provide the full benefit of the rights granted above.
We reserve the right to remove any User Content for any reason at any time.
Modification of Terms
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace the Terms at any time. You can review the most current version of the Terms by clicking on this Site’s "Terms of Service" hyperlink located at the bottom of every page on this Site. The current effective date of the Terms will also be posted at the top of the page. By continuing to use this Site after we make changes to the Terms, you thereby accept the new Terms.
Third-Party Sites and Advertisers
As part of the services it offers, Physics Den may include links to third party websites and services on the Site. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any content or other materials on third party websites. You also agree that we are not responsible for content or claims supplied by our advertisers. We are also not responsible for any transactions or dealings between you and any third party or any advertiser. You agree that Physics Den is not responsible for any claim or loss due to a third party website or any advertiser.
Disclaimer of Warranties
We provide this Site and this Service "AS IS." We make no express warranties or guarantees about this Site. TO THE MAXMIUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS SITE OR THIS SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, IS ERROR-FREE, RELIABLE, OR WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. Because some states do not permit disclaimer of implied warranties, you may have additional consumer rights under your local laws.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, PHYSICS DEN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTIES for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, even if we knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability, and the liability of our company and suppliers, shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
Severability and Integration
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements. If any part of the Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
Physics Den may discontinue or change any part of this Site at any time, with or without notice.
Physics Den reserves the right to terminate your use of this Site and delete your user account if you violate the Terms, or if we believe that such action is needed in order to protect the rights, interest, safety, or interests of Physics Den, its users, or its affiliates and service provides. This termination may be done with or without notice to you. Provisions 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 13 of the Terms shall survive the expiration or earlier termination of the Terms for any reason.
The failure of Physics Den to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver of any of the provisions of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
Physics Den respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work is accessible on this Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing the following information (as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512) to our copyright agent identified below:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Physics Den to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Physics Den to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such notices may be sent to Physics Den’s copyright agent, at:
Note: only copyright complaints should be sent to the copyright agent. For communications on other matters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms (and any further guidelines, rules, or policies incorporated therein) shall be governed and construed according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the federal laws of the United States. Any disputes, actions or claims, based on, relating to, or alleging breach of these Terms must be brought in state or federal court for Middlesex County, Massachusetts. You agree and submit to the exercise of exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such disputes, actions or claims.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact email@example.com.